Just because I have been shooting senior pictures and such, it doesn’t mean I have given up on the real estate photography business. I have been kind of busy working on the checklist I had come up with. I have also enhanced/ clarified it a little bit. To recap:
- Order the Photography for Real Estate ebook
- Read the Photography for Real Estate ebook
- Create an account at box.net to use for delivering photos
- Decide on the extent of services I wish to offer
- Develop a business plan, outlining financial goals (will help in setting pricing)
- Order some off-camera flash triggers
- Watch CraigsList for some inexpensive additional flashes
- Do some practice shoots
- Prepare marketing materials
- Network with realtors
- Get clients
- Make a fortune
So far I am into this for $65 (the cost of the eBook and wireless triggers). The triggers shipped Friday, and should be here within 15 days of that. Might need to order one more (I only ordered one), but we’ll wait and see how that works out.
I have also been in touch with some friends that have an impressive new house in Golden. I can use it to practice and gain some skill, as well as having an excellent portfolio piece of a high-end home. So the practice shoots will be coming up soon, after I read the eBook. Shortly after the eBook gets read, the business plan will also be developed. And somewhere in there I will continue to work on the perfect senior photo of Megan. Why do I always make myself so busy?